Operations and Program Manager supports staff and SCLT membership. S/he assists in administrative, financial, and supportive tasks. S/he will be in regular contact with members and the public. S/he will lead minor outreach events. The Operations and Program Manager works with the Director of Communication and Marketing, the Trails Manger, the Bookkeeper and reports to the Executive Director.
Office Management and Administration:
- Answer phones, fields walk-in questions, and updates mailing lists.
- Collects and opens mail, records all income, processes all checks and cash, makes deposits, and enters all transactions into Quickbooks.
- Supports SCLT staff and Board of Directors by running eTapestry (Donor support database) queries and figures and manages Constant Contact and eTapestry cross platform communication with the help of the Director of Communication and Marketing.
- Merges, prints, and manages mailing, including all solicitation and thank you letters on a weekly basis. Ensures no duplication, appropriate salutations, and enters notes as needed.
- Administers the SCLT Facebook page including creating posts and answering questions.
- Works with the Trails Team to post trail events and notices on the SCLT website.
- Ensures the office is well run, proactively (ordering supplies; obtaining bids for services like phone, insurance, etc.; making sure the equipment is serviced regularly; organizing materials and files; overseeing computer upgrades as budgeted.
- Helps all staff in keeping the office organized and clean.
- Organizes and helps staff minor outreach events – trail hikes, water trail cleanups, Third Thursday, Tours, Unplug, and other events.
- Assists staff and volunteers with organization of major events as needed.
- Proofs grant requests and reports.
- Assists in the compilation and distribution of board packets, committee materials, event/program materials and other information.
- Aids all staff in filing, administrative tasks, and scheduling.
- Provides backup to the Bookkeeper and Director of Communications and Marketing by having a working understanding of their tasks.
- Other tasks as requested.
Accounting and Finance:
- Completes income log with help from Bookkeeper.
- Distributes/mails checks after they are prepared and signed.
- Assists Executive Director with requests from auditor.
- Assists with other projects as necessary.
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Experience with Quickbooks and InDesign.
- Preferred: Experience with website and social media management.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to learn new skills quickly, and in good humor, including databases, systems and mailings.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks regularly, work well under pressure, manage a variety of tasks simultaneously and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience in small office environment and prior office manager experience desired.
- A can-do, friendly attitude. Self-motivated and able to multi-task and cope with interruption and changes.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, with enthusiasm for the organization’s programs and goals.
- Ability to work well as part of team as well as individually with minimal supervision. Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
This is a part-time, unbenefited position. The position will work 20 hour/week, 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. The position includes eleven (11) holidays each calendar year, and a phone stipend of $22.50 / month. Salary is up to $16/hour commensurate with experience.
Email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject line: “Operations and Program Manager Application”. Applications are only accepted electronically. No calls please. Screening of applications begins April 16, 2018 and the position is open until filled. SCLT is an equal opportunity employer.