Changes to the characteristics of the landscape
Looking at how the human migration process has changed the characteristics of the landscape, this virtual tour will explore southeastern Sheridan County through the themes of nomadic, the horse, water, and settlement.
The Human Migration of Southeastern Sheridan County virtual tour
The human migration process has changed the characteristics of the landscape from hunters and gathers, agriculture and livestock, the railroad industry, and related 20th century events. This virtual tour will explore southeastern Sheridan County through the themes of nomadic, the horse, water, and settlement.
Schedule a virtual tour for your community group
Contact Carrie, SCLT Historical Educator, [email protected] or 307-673-4702
Take the Virtual Tour using Prezi
Watch the SCLT Discovery Session of the tour
Instructions for Taking the Virtual Tour using Prezi
The tour has several viewing options which allow you to take the tour through individual themes or all themes in one. The entire tour is about 45 minutes long.
To begin the virtual tour
- Click the blue “Present” bar with the Play Arrow (looks like “>”) in the middle of the screen
- From there, you can choose to watch the tour in its entirety or select a theme you’d like to watch first.
To watch the tour in its entirety
- Click the arrow (looks like “>”) on the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Grab your favorite snack and beverage and enjoy.
To watch the tour by choosing a specific theme
- Choose an individual theme by selecting a green circle on the main virtual tour page. As you progress in the tour, you can also select the black circles to choose topics within each theme.
- You can navigate forward and backward through slides by clicking on the “<” and “>” arrows on the bottom bar.
- You can adjust audio by selecting the speaker icon on the lower left side of the bottom bar
- You can watch the tour in full screen by clicking the double arrow button on the lower right side of the bottom bar.
- While in the tour, you can scroll your cursor over the screen and select the white up arrow to navigate to the previous slide or select the white house icon to return to the beginning of the tour. You can jump between sections by clicking on green or black circles.