To be added to mailing list send Brad and email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions that were explored during the April 30th / May 1st community meetings
Dayton: April 30th – 32 attendees
- Would it need to be lighted? No
- Year-round maintenance- who pays for the maintenance? That would need to be explored
- Who mows? WYDOT, road 10 feet from road
- What happens if not maintained? This needs to be explored
- Would other funding mechanisms be available that don’t require year-round maintenance. Would need to use WYDOT funding for use of right of way.
- Would feasibility study weigh value of different surfaces? Yes
- Cost of project? Estimates only now until feasibility and design is completed
- How much would WYDOT fund? Up to $500,000 / application
- Are the town councils for the project? Ranchester – yes; Dayton – ?
- How can we help? WYDOT -most importantly public support can help move project forward.
- Do you gather regular meeting to share updates? Nothing yet. Email updates
- Should you form a citizen panel? If needed
- How does WYDOT feel about project? –WYDOT is in favor. WYDOT is in support of getting folks off the road
- How do we secure permission to use right of way? WYDOT permit not a legislator action needed
- Could fence or barrier be installed between vehicle and pathway? WYDOT – No fence of barrier for they would be a hazards could be installed
- Would WYDOT reduce speed limit? WYDOT – No
- Which side of highway? North
- Current width of the right of way? Maybe 100 from center line
- What is the timeframe of feasibility study? Apply this summer, complete next summer.
- Could phase include portion built on soft surface then to be paved later? WYDOT – Probably not. Using right of way needs to be hard surface
- Is asphalt cheaper? Probably upfront but similar to concrete over project lifetime.
- What were negative comments? Is the project needed. Concerns of safety and ag use of crossings
- 100% non-motorized, e-bikes, ADA? ADA would need to be followed.
- Safety along the pathway? Sheriff prefers along road rather than along river
- Is County 1-cent funds as an option? Potentially.
- Would we put signage up for users to know they are entering pathway? Yes
Ranchester: May 1 – 35 attendees
- What is the design for the pathway? That would be the goal of the feasibility study and subsequent design.
- Will it be maintained year-round? Yes
- Equine use? Possible
- Ag use across pathway? Safety would need to be considered with the feasibility study
- Is there a maintenance plan in place? That would need to be developed as part of the project
- Do you have enough space in right of way? Likely but would need to be refined with feasibility study
- Can you run right of way water line under the pathway? No, WYDOT generally doesn’t allow parallel utility in right of way
- Concern for costs- is the pathway a need? Overwhelming support in community survey