These walking tour sites are located in the Historic Downtown Sheridan area with a focus on how Big Goose Creek was an essential natural resource for the valley’s early inhabitants, into the settlement era and right up to today. Participants learn about the Big Goose Creek Buffalo Jump, Sheridan Brewery, Sheridan Manufacturing Company Flour Mill, the Mandel Cabin and Sheridan’s first cabin, along with the historic rerouting of Big Goose Creek.
Contact Carrie, SCLT Historical Educator, to find out about scheduling a group tour. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org ; PHONE: (307) 673-4702
SCLT has partnered with the Downtown Sheridan Association (DSA) to include four new sites on the Downtown Sheridan TravelStory GPS App WY Tour Sheridan walking tour.
How to take the TravelStory GPS tour:
The four new sites launched on TravelStory GPS App are the stone marker of the first cabin in Sheridan, the Sheridan Manufacturing Flour Co. in the Mill Park, Sheridan Brewery, and the Big Goose Creek Buffalo Jump. Download the free “TravelStorysGPS” app on iPhone or Android to experience the rich history of this area as the app navigates you to the sights and stories along the Byway. The tour features narration by Senator Dave Kinskey and guides travelers with directional cues, making it easier to locate historic sites.
1) Go to the AppStore (iPhone) or GooglePlay (Android) and search for the “TravelStorysGPS” app.
2) Download and open the “TravelStorysGPS” app with your phone.
3) Search for the WY Tour Sheridan walking tour by either location or name.
4) Open the WY Tour Sheridan walking tour.
5) You can start the tour from any section of the Historic Downtown Sheridan area displayed on the GPS map.
OR take the TravelStory Tour remotely via your computer.