The 2024 iteration of the Fly Fishing Film Tour will swim into the WYO Theater in downtown Sheridan on Saturday, February 3, courtesy of Fly Shop of the Bighorns.
Attendees will enjoy a fintastic evening featuring fishing films, fun, and fellowship while giving back to the community as all proceeds from ticket sales and raffle prizes will benefit Sheridan Community Land Trust.
“The Fly Fishing Film Tour isn’t just for avid anglers; it’s a celebration of outdoor recreation and our community,” explained Dakota Webb of Fly Shop of the Bighorns. “We chose to donate all proceeds from the event to SCLT because we love the work they are doing for everyone in Sheridan County. Fly Shop of the Bighorns knows how important it is to take care of our home waters, and this a way we can do that.”
Raffle items available include:
- 2-person, all-day guided fly fishing in the Bighorns with Seth Carrel & Spear-O-Wigwam
- Henry Classic Lever Action Western Style .22 Long Range Rifle and Impact 1000 Laser Rangefinder from Rocky Mountain Discount Sports
- Giant Talon 4 (men) or Liv Tempt 4 (women) mountain bike from Sheridan Bicycle Co.
- Nemo Dagger Osmo 2-person backpacking tent from WYLD Adventures
- Winter Adventure Package featuring a Mystery Ranch backpack, XC ski and snowshoe rentals, and more from The Sport Stop.
- Turtlebox Portable Outdoor Speaker + great rods, reels, and more from Fly Shop of the Bighorns
- More items are coming. You must attend to win.
The Fly Fishing Film Tour will feature films that take viewers into the science of the Costa Marlin Project, to the deep depths of the jungle for the massive Peacock Bass, and a Steelhead story with characters as rare as the fish itself, and many, many more.
SCLT Executive Director Brad Bauer said community members help SCLT care for “home waters” through conservation programs that help keep water clean, conserve local lands, open space, and wildlife habitat, as well as preserve local history and create new opportunities for people to connect with nature and the outdoors through community trails like the Tongue River Water Trail and educational programs like Discovery Sessions, Unplug, and Explore History.
“We’re excited to take care of our ‘home waters’ by connecting more people to land and history in Sheridan County, and it wouldn’t be possible without the support of folks like Fly Shop of the Bighorns and the people who join us at the Fly Fishing Film Tour on February 3,” Bauer concluded.
What: Fly Fishing Film Tour 2024, sponsored by Fly Shop of the Bighorns.
Where: WYO Theater in downtown Sheridan.
When: Saturday, February 3. Doors at 5 p.m./Films begin 5:30 p.m.
Why: All proceeds benefit SCLT. Raffles for great outdoor gear.
Tickets: $15 advance/$20 door. Available at Fly Shop of the Bighorns, the WYO Theater, or online.